GnuCash 2.2.5 Compilation Cookbook for Ubuntu Hardy Heron

Tony Nelson tonyn at openlearning.com
Sat Jul 5 21:00:06 EDT 2008

Hi All,

After many errors and more than a little frustration I was finally able
(with the kind help of some of you) to get GnuCash to compile on
Ubuntu's Hardy Heron.  I now have GnuCash 2.2.5 up and running.

I decided to document the steps I took so that I will probably be able
to more easily compile and install subsequent code releases.

I'm not sure if the following is of any value to anyone, but just in
case here are the steps I took.

Regards,
Tony

====================

GnuCash 2.2.5 Compilation Procedure on Ubuntu Hardy Heron

1) Download gnucash-2.2.5.tar.gz

2) Place in temporary desktop folder (Desktop/GnuCash2.2.5-source)

3) $ gunzip gnucash-2.2.5.tar.gz

4) $ tar xvf gnucash-2.2.5.tar

5) Use Synaptic Package Manager to install the following packages (*
means the package was already installed)

-- aqbanking-tool

-- gconf2 *

-- libglib2.0.0 *

-- libglib2.0.0-dev *

-- guile-1.6 * (avoid guile-1.8 with this release)

-- guile-1.6-libs

-- guile-1.6-dev

-- guile-1.6-slib

-- libguile-ltdl-1 *

-- lib1threads-12 *

-- libart2

-- libglade2-0 *

-- libglade2-dev

-- libgnomeprint2.2-0 *

-- libgnomeprint2.2-dev

-- libgnomeui-0 *

-- libgnomeui-dev

-- libgoffice-0-6

-- libgoffice-0-6-dev

-- libgsf-1-114 *

-- libgsf-1-dev *

-- gtkhtml3.14 *

-- libgtkhtm3.l4-dev

-- libofx4

-- libofx-dev

-- libxml2 *

-- libxml2-dev *

-- libpango1.0-0 *

-- libpango1.0-dev *

-- swig

-- gettext

6) $ cd Desktop/GnuCash2.2.5-source/gnucash-2.2.5

7) $ ./configure

8) $ make

9) $ sudo -s

10) # make install

11) Delete temporary desktop folder (Desktop/GnuCash2.2.5-source)