online quote update and winXP problem

oliv928 oliv928 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 4 08:34:57 EDT 2008

When I let GnuCash do it for me with the program : Start/All Programs/Install
Online Quotes , the system returns me that error :

http://www.nabble.com/file/p18278618/erreur%2B5.jpg

Oh please !

Look at all my posts. I have done step by step WHAT IS WRITTEN in the manual
... I have tryed to do it.
Could you then propose me another procedure ?
I am under winXP

Configuring for Automatic Retrieval of Quotes
If you have more than a couple of commodities, you will tire of having to
update their prices constantly.
GnuCash has the ability to automatically download the most recent price for
your commodities using the
Internet. This is accomplished through the Perl module Finance::Quote, which
must be installed in order to
activate this feature.
To determine if the Perl module Finance::Quote is already installed on your
system, type “perldoc
Finance::Quote”in a terminal window and check to see if there is any
documentation available. If you see the
documentation, then the module is installed, if you do not see the
documentation, then it has not been installed.
Installing Finance::Quote
To install Finance::Quote begin by first closing any GnuCash applications
you have running. Second, locate the
folder where GnuCash is installed by searching for “gnc-fq-update”(without
the quotes). Change to that
directory, open a root shell and run the command “gnc-fq-update”(without the
quotation mar ks). This will
launch a Perl CPAN update session that will go out onto the Internet and
install the Finance::Quote module on
your system. The gnc-fq-update program is interactive, however, with most
systems you should be able to
answer “no”to the first question: “Are you ready for manual configuration?
[yes]”and the update will continue
automatically from that point.
After installation is complete, you should run the “gnc-fq-dump”test
program, in the same directory, distributed
with GnuCash to test if Finance::Quote is installed and working properly.
Note
If you feel uncomfortable about performing any of these steps, please either
email the GnuCash-
user mailing list (
) for help or come to the GnuCash IRC channel
<
gnucash-user at gnucash.org

on irc.gnome.org. You can also leave out this step and manually update your
stock prices.f

Are you trying to execute it by HAND?  Or let GnuCash do it
for you?  You should not be running any of these tools by
hand.

-derek