Balance Sheet Confusion: PROBLEM RESOLVED

Tony Nelson tonyn at openlearning.com
Wed Jul 9 17:55:53 EDT 2008

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone who helped us figure out some confusion I had over my
balance sheet.  In the end, the problem was caused by the way I entered
unpaid invoices that existed when I began my GnuCash accounting.

I'm happy to report that Retained Earnings line on the balance sheet now
equals my Net Income.  I do have a separate "Retained Earnings" Equity
line item that equals my historic retained earnings.

For the moment I continue to maintain both QuickBooks and GnuCash and
both show identical balance sheets.  I look forward to oon dropping
QuickBooks.

Regards,
Tony