Keeping Libilities seperate from assets in the Chart of Accounts

Robert Stocks robert.stocks at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 07:52:30 EDT 2008

Hi is there any good reason when doing personal finances to keep
Liabilities and Assets accounts under diffrent top level accounts?

For example I have several accounts from the same Bank

they are currently

Assets:Current Assets:Bank Name:Check Account
Assets:Current Assets:Bank Name:Savings Account

Liabilities:Bank Name:Visa Card
Liabilities:Bank Name:Mortage

is there any reason not to have them in the same location in the tree
so that I can see all the accunts for one Bank in the same location?

Many thanks.

--
Robert