Fiscal Year on Reports

Tony Nelson tonyn at openlearning.com
Thu Jul 10 10:47:35 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I have set GnuCash to conform to our fiscal year (Edit -> Preferences ->
Accounting Period) which runs from 10/1 to 9/30 each year.  After doing
so I expected reports to default to our fiscal year but they don't.

For example if I run an Income Statement report it automatically uses
the calendar year rather than my accounting period.  Of course, I can
manually change the Income Statement starting and ending dates.  But I'm
wondering if there is a way to have my reports automatically use the
accounting period by default?

If not, please consider this a low low low priority feature request.

Regards,
Tony