Virtual accounts

Michael Chase Michael at kooinda.net
Sun Jul 13 02:40:01 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I've been reading previous posts about virtual accounts.

I have an account that contains tax deductible and non tax deductible interest
charges.

Is the best way to deal with a situation like that to split the account into two
sub-accounts, and then manually split the interest charges into each sub
(virtual) account, or is there some other way to "combine" two accounts into one
"real" account for reconciliation purposes?

Are there any hidden traps with the above approach?

Cheers,

Michael.