Loan Repayment, not monthly, not weekly

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Fri Jul 18 10:28:57 EDT 2008

Gene <genestairs at gmail.com> writes:
> Derek Atkins wrote:aaa
>> Hi,
>>
>> Quoting Gene <genestairs at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> I've got a loan structured to be paid back every other week (26 payments
>>> per year).
>>> I was playing with the druid trying get it entered into GnuCash.
>>> However, I am not successful with the current choices.
>>
>> This would be "weekly" every "two weeks"
> I've tried that setup using both 36 months and 3 years on the first
> dialog box of the druid, and then choosing weekly, every 2 weeks as the
> repayment frequency.  However, when I look at the payment structure, it
> shows payments based on a monthly repayment structure.

The druid only supports a monthly payment schedule. :(

> I'm thinking it has something to do with this calculation shown in the
> druid
> pmt( 0.11500 / 12.00 : 36.00 : 12000.00 : 0 : 0 )
> however if I try to change the 36.00 to 78.00 the druid overrides it
> when clicking forward to show the payment structure.

The druid is just a convenience for setting the configuration of
otherwise-normal scheduled transactions.  You're welcome to set them up
manually (and correctly) using the updated formula.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}