Prinitng issue and changing fonts for printing

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sun Jul 20 19:31:59 EDT 2008

At Sun, 20 Jul 2008 17:30:33 -0400 "Donald Allen" <donaldcallen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Mark Wallace
> <mawallace44 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > I have an interesting issue.
> >
> > i have downloaded the latest version for Windows from the Website.
> > Windows XP is the operating system
> >
> > When I print, the printout comes out all wrong! In fact, you cannot read
> > it as it prints in reverse (you can read it by holding it up to the
> > mirror though!)
> >
> > So I have a few questions:-
> >
> > a. Anyone had this issue?
>
> This is definitely a known issue. I use gnucash on Linux, not Windows,
> so I didn't pay too much attention to it and don't recall if there's a
> resolution/workaround. I would suggest searching the archives of this
> discussion group.

I believe the problem relates to a know problem with GtkHTML under
MS-Windows and the workaround was to 'print to PDF' and then using a PDF
reader (eg Acrobat Reader) to read and print it. (I too use Linux and
didn't pay real close attention to the thread.)

> /Don
>
> > b. I wondered if it was the font, can you change the printing font?
> > c. Can you stop it printing the hyper links?
> >
> > Mark

Robert Heller             -- Get the Deepwoods Software FireFox Toolbar!
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Web Hosting, with CGI and Database
heller at deepsoft.com       -- Contract Programming: C/C++, Tcl/Tk