Initializin GNU Cash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 24 05:23:50 EDT 2008

Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org> writes:

> Look at the example account files for an, uh, example that should be pretty
> straightforward.  Here they're installed underneath
> /usr/share/gnucash/accounts/.
>
> I *believe* we just list files in the appropriate directory (based on
> locale), so dropping your new file there should work after re-invoking the dialog.

This is correct.  The druid just loads all the files in the directory
that have the correct name extension (.gnucash-xea).

> (Note that the UUID is just a random value; `uuidgen | tr -d -` will create a
> valid one.)

True, but keep in mind that there are referential integrity issues
you need to keep in mind, in particular when dealing with an account
hierarchy instead of account lists.  Child accounts need to refer
to the correct GUID of the parent account in the tree.