CREDIT CARD OPENING BALANCE

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 31 09:10:10 EDT 2008

I have an Assets:Cash account.  When I make an ATM withdrawal I
transfer from Assets:Checking to Assets:Cash.  Then as I spend
my cash I transfer from Assets:Cash to Expenses:<whatever>

Periodically I count the cash in my wallet and "reconcile" with
what GnuCash thinks I should have and I'll add a "Balancing"
expense transaction to fix it all up.

-derek