CREDIT CARD OPENING BALANCE

Xeena Wallington xeena at tiscali.co.za
Thu Jul 31 09:06:26 EDT 2008

I wonder if you can help with this one.

When I withdraw cash from the bank for expenses, I want to record that
withdrawal, but then allocate the various things I buy, e.g. R400 petrol,
R300 groceries, etc.  I am finding it difficult to do this and still see the
amount of the cash withdrawal in the register, without looking at the
splits, so when it comes to reconciling with the bank statement I have to
look at the splits each time.

Is there an easier way of managing cash withdrawals that are spent on
various items which need to be recorded separately.  I read somewhere that
Gnu Cash is more user friendly than Quicken, but in this instance I have to
disagree.

Perhaps I am doing it wrong.

Thanks
Xeena Wallington