Accounting in foreign currencies

Danny Rohde homebox at gmx.de
Sat Jun 7 16:17:15 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have a question regarding accounting in different currencies and the
automatic input of exchange rates.

I have a credit card account in CHF and my expense account is also in
CHF. If I go abroad and buy something in GBP I didn't find a "smart" way
to record this transaction. If I put in the numbers if does not allow me
to use the exchange rate feature because both accounts are in my base
currency.

It would be great, if I could just use the program to get a preliminary
exchange rate, before I finally reconcile it from my credit card bill.

Any idea how to achieve this?

Regards