Accounting in foreign currencies

Stephen J. Gowdy Stephen.Gowdy at cern.ch
Sun Jun 8 04:04:24 EDT 2008

Hi Danny,
 	You can create a Assets:Currency:GBP (of type Asset) account and
enter the transactions there with a split this;

 	Some Thing		Liabilities:Credit Cards:UBS	20
 				Expenses:Things				20
 				Assets:Currency:GBP

 	It is easiest to leave the empty Assets:Currency:GBP line there
till you've reconciled the entry when you get your credit card statement.
You get to enter a different exchange rate for each line so you'll need to
adjust them both when you get your statement.
 	I can't remember if I got this from the list or the FAQ a while
ago.

 						regards,

 						Stephen.