Questions about downloading

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 13:47:04 EDT 2008

I use the Money OFX format; it seems to match transactions better for me than the QIF importer. Mind you, the QIF importer routine has been heavily modified in recent months.

As for date discrepancies, as others have said in these forums before, the date that matters from your perspective is YOUR date. So, put the date you wrote on the check into Gnucash. The reconciliation will be able to match these up even if the dates don't match. All that really matters at the end is that you and your bank agree on how much money is left.

HTH,
David