QFX Importing - Change Descriptions?

Jason Dostal jdostal at charter.net
Thu Jun 12 14:18:35 EDT 2008

I've read through the concepts guide, checked the FAQ and searched the
mailing list archives, and can't seem to find an answer to my question.

When I import QFX files from my bank, I'd like to automatically
translate the banks fairly cryptic descriptions of the transactions into
my friendly names, eg -

DDA TRANS 5555 ANY ST

My Local Grocery Store

Anyway to configure this at all?  At the very least is there a
Search/Replace that I'm missing that I could just change all the
descriptions at once?  I know you can't mass change the transfer account
but I wasn't sure about the description field.

I was also looking to see if there was any way to clear out the
QuickFill entries, as the QFX import has populated some pretty cryptic
entries that I'd like to be rid of.

Jason