sharing the gnucash database via nfs

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Fri Jun 27 10:29:57 EDT 2008

Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb at nyu.edu> writes:
> On allan the symlink had essentially no effect: typing
>    gnucash
> results in my being asked the usual new-user questions.

It sounds like you resolved the file-opening issue, but just for
completeness…

The state about the last-file-opened and first-time-use is stored in gconf,
which is local to each user account.  So, when just typing `gnucash` on the
second box, it found nothing in the gconf registry, and both a) thought you
were a new user and b) didn't know what the last opened file was.

There are other settings also stored in gconf that really should instead be
in the account file, so it might be that you have different configurations
between the two systems.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}