Keeps crashing

Dennis dgoos at telus.net
Fri Jun 27 14:51:35 EDT 2008

Josh Sled wrote:
> (I believe you meant to send this to this list.  Please use the
> "Reply-To-List" or "Reply-To-All" features of your mailer.)
>
> Dennis <dgoos at telus.net> writes:
>
>> Josh Sled wrote:
>>
>>> What are you trying to do when it crashes?
>>>

>> When I try to duplicate a transaction selecting the date from the calender or
>> changing the date manually in the window that opens to make the duplicate
>>

> Hmm.  You might try, instead, the following workaround for duplicating
> transactions:
>
> Go to the blank transaction.  Enter the appropriate date.  Start entering the
> exact same Description as the transaction you want to duplicate; gnucash will
> auto-complete the rest of the description.  As you hit <tab>, the splits will
> be copied as well.  Adjust as necessary and Enter the new transaction.
>

>>> The data file is wherever you File > Saved it.  When you open GnuCash, the
>>> file name should be in the title bar of the app.
>>>

>> Ok. Then the whole data file is being deleted when the program crashes.

I can copy and paste a duplicate transaction and manually modify the date.

But if I use the duplicate transaction feature, the calendar window
freezes, sometimes I can get it closed but other times the attempts to
close the calendar window results in a crash.
> How many transactions are you able to enter before it crashes?

Using the duplicate transaction feature, I think i may have managed as
many as four before it freezes and crashes.
> Are you able to save the file after entering a transaction, but before it
> crashes?
>
> Which account's ledger are you opening?

Checkbook