Advanced Portfolio Report

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Sun Mar 2 14:49:41 EST 2008

On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 04:57:45PM +0000, Richard Ullger wrote:
> Hi Charles,
>
> My intention is to look into improving some of the reporting. I don't
> know scheme so I'm making a start on getting to grips with it. I've
> installed a scheme editor and am starting to go through the Scheme
> Programming Language book so it may take me a while to get up to speed.

Scheme is very straightforward. If you have any coding experience at
all, you should be able to get the basics of scheme in just a day or
so of hacking. I actually learned scheme (having seen lisp a few
times) from hacking on gnucash reports. I now use it a lot for general
programatic tom-foolery ;). Anyway, the gnucash api is much more
difficult to learn, IMO, than the scheme. I recommend that if you want
to hack on reports, just start hacking on reports. login to #gnucash
on irc and ask questions as you go, you'll get it pretty quickly.