v2.2.4 QIF import & reports

Stuart Blood stuart.blood at valley.net
Sat Mar 8 18:02:58 EST 2008

Hello.

I'm a new user. I've installed v2.2.4 for Windows today.  I've
started importing several years of data from Quicken 2005.  I'm
having two problems, which I'd like to solve before I commit to this
change.  I couldn't find the answers in the archive.

(1) I've downloaded transactions from my credit card company.  That
generated a file called Activity.qif.  I confirmed that the file was
ok by importing the transactions to Quicken 2005.  However, when I
"import" to GnuCash, I get a message that, "QIF file load failed:
File does not appear to be a QIF file."

(2) I have struggled quite a bit with reports.  How do I get an
expense report for a particular period?  For example, how can I see
what I spent on "utilities" in 2007.  No matter that I set the date
range, my reports always show activity for the current year.

Thanks in advance for any help for either of these problems.

	Stuart