Error message" . . . could not obtain the lock for c:\ . . . . . ."

Wahur vahur.lokk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 03:30:29 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 10:20 PM, Andrew Sackville-West <
andrew at swclan.homelinux.org> wrote:

> I have a vague recollection that there are locking issues with samba
> shares, but it's only that -- a vague recollection. You're lack of a
> problem with local folders sort of confirms this. FWIW, I have no
> troubles with this using nfs shares instead of samba.

There are bugs 352491 and 412707 in Bugzilla (they might be related or
dupes).
Looks like it appeared in GC 2.0.
nfs is not an option, unless... unless I make special accounting share (I do
not need to access this data from Windows). Hmmm, sounds like nice
workaround.

Wahur