Problems getting quotes for funds

Paul Stansell ps at ph.ed.ac.uk
Mon Mar 10 16:39:57 EDT 2008

Dear Derek,

Recently, you helped me and others by providing a patch to deal with
fixing gnc-fq-dump so that it could get quotes from yahoo_europe after
they made changes to their stock and funds codes.

Well, the patch does fix gnc-fq-dump so that I can get the price of a fund
from the command line, eg "gnc-fq-dump yahoo_europe GB0003243465GBP", but
I've just noticed that when I retrieve quotes for funds using gnucash's
"Price Editor -> Get Quotes" the current quotes are not being stored or
updated, and are not available to gnucash.  Stock prices, however, are
being updated and are available.  Also, unlike the case before the patch
was suppled, there are no error messages after the "Price Editor -> Get
Quotes" attempt to indicate that getting the prices of any of the funds
has failed.

Regards,

Paul Stansell