Problem importing QIF income categories

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 00:36:30 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> This is a known bug in 2.2.4.  You can fix it by downloading and
> replacing your qif-to-gnc.scm file.  Read the archives for more
> information.
>
> -derek
>
> Quoting henrymds <henryf61 at gmail.com>:
>

> > I used the import Druid to import my QIF data file from Quicken. Gnucash
> > correctly created new accounts that were identical to all my expense
> > categories. But when it came to income categories, they were all mapped
> > "unspecified." Why? Is there anything I can do to get these converted
> > automatically?
> >
> > I tried changing income category XXX to account XXX and gnucash
> incorrectly
> > made XXX a subcategory of "unspecified."  I gave up at this point.

As Derek mentioned, there was one bug fixed after 2.2.4 was release, having
to do with memo mapping, but I can't see why income would be treated any
differently from expenses. Please update your qif-to-gnc.scm with the
version found here<http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/src/import-export/qif-import/qif-to-gnc.scm?rev=17010&format=txt>.
If you still can reproduce the problem, could you please provide a sample
file that demonstrates it (without revealing personal data)?

I did try to reproduce your problem using the simple QIF file below, but it
imported perfectly.

Cheers,
Charles

!Type:Cat