yet another QIF import problem

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Fri Mar 14 15:29:59 EDT 2008

hello all,

Just like so many other GnuCash users, I'm having trouble importing existing
data. I have a QIF file exported from Moneydance, and GnuCash gives me the
famous "QIF file parse failed: Data for number or date does not match a known
format." I've read many messages here in the archives, and the GnuCash
manual, and still I am not seeing the light. I'm running version 2.2.1 on
Kubuntu. I tried building 2.2.4 from sources on a PCLinuxOS box, but after
300+ megabytes of ./configure, fail, install a new dependency, ./configure,
fail, install a new dependency, ./configure, fail, install a new dependency,
etc ad nauseum, I gave it up.

It's a 70k file, and here is a snippet. From what I've read everything looks
correct, but obviously I'm missing something:

!Option:AutoSwitch
!Account
NFoo Money Market-Terry
DFoo One