duplicated entries upon import

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 22:50:36 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 5:39 PM, The Wassermans <dwass at optusnet.com.au>
wrote:

> No I imported a single file and checked it okay.  Then a couple more and
> they looked okay.  So then I went for the doctor and did the rest.  I
> saved and exited each time.
>
> So the advice really, is to import all the qif's in one shot.

Yes, so the importer can automatically match up each half of account
transfers.

> Also, apparently it might be better to create one qif file.

You don't have to combine them into one giant file. It should be exactly the
same as loading multiple files with the "Load another file" button. It could
save some clicking, that's all. Up to you.

> Does than mean
> simply to append the contents of each successive file?

Yes, and I believe you can append them in any order.

>  I presume the
> system will will change the account each time it sees a new '!'?  Do I
> leave a line between the last '^'?

The ^ should be on a line by itself, but no blank lines should be needed. In
fact, blank lines are ignored.

Thank you so much for the help Derek and Charles

No problem. Good luck.  ;)

-Charles