Tracking multiple sales taxes

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Mar 16 10:15:27 EDT 2008

The only way to do what you want is to have two Tax subaccounts
of each real expense.  So you would change your tree to look like:

Expenses
  Renovation
     Contractors
         TVA 19.6
         TVA 5.5
     Materials
         TVA 19.6
         TVA 5.5

This allows you to easily see how much you spent on each type of
expenditure.  But then you can't easily add up all the
taxes to see how much tax you spent.  However it's easier to do
the addition "out of band" than it would be to recompute the
split transactions.

What you really want are "views" or "categories" or "tags", but Gnucash
doesn't support that.

-derek