Finance::Quote for Indian Mutual Fund NAvs

Divakar Ramachandran divakar07 at dataone.in
Sun Mar 16 13:23:19 EDT 2008

Hi,

I would like to know if anybody is successfully using finance::quote for
getting Indian Mutual Fund NAVs, and if so what unique symbols they have
used to identify funds. As per the CPAN.org man page for Finance::Quote,
the two sources for Indian Mutual Fund NAVs are amfiindia and
indiamutual, which get the NAVs based on IDs used by AMFI India on their
website at http://amfiindia.com/downloadnavopen.asp.

I have used the following command that does not yield the NAVs:
       perl gnc-fq-dump amfiindia nnnnnn

where nnnnnn is one of the index numbers listed. One example is 103883
which corresponds to SBI Mutual Fund Magnum Tax Gain Scheme Dividend. I
have also tried many other IDs listed on the page and none of them have
worked.

The following works on the same system yielding the correct stock price:
       perl gnc-fq-dump yahoo TCS.NS
       perl gnc-fq-dump yahoo MSFT

So, is this a Finance::Quote bug? Or, has something changed in the way
GnuCash parses the info / AMFI provides the data (AMFI has so far not
responded to my query posted on their web contact page)? Or, am I doing
it totally wrong way?

Best Wishes to all,
Divakar

Divakar R