Deposit with multiple items

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Fri Mar 21 16:41:17 EDT 2008

I'm new to gnucash, have read the tutorial/help manual, and have
searched the archives. I have not found the answer to my question.

Normally, when I go to the bank to make a deposit, I have more than one
item on the deposit ticket. The source could be a paycheck, or it could
be a check from someone who owed me some money, or it could be from the
occasional client.

How do I assign each item in the deposit to the appropriate account
during the split deposit action?

The only examples I've seen of split deposits are dealing with assigning
part of the deposit to income and the rest to expenses. All of my
deposits want to be assigned to income, but not the same income sub-account.

Thanks for the help.

Dick Steffens