Setting up GNUcash in Mac OS

Dave Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 22 19:21:49 EDT 2008

-----Original Message-----

If you're just starting out with compiling your own software, I don't think you want to be trying to  deal separately with all the pieces of gnome you need to build gnucash.

You'll want to choose either the Macports or Fink package manager and let them handle the rest of it. Once you get fink set up, all you'd have to do is type 'fink install gnucash2', wait a few hours while fink downloads, compiles, and installs all the pieces you need, and you'll have a usable gnucash. A good, fast internet connection is very useful, though I have done it over dial-up once (takes many hours that way).

If you are running OS X 10.5, getting fink running is a little bit of trouble (but nothing like trying to compile gnome components on your own). Instructions for installing fink are at:
http://www.finkproject.org/download/srcdist.php

I'll try to get the gnucash wiki updated in the next couple days with a few more details for installing gnucash via fink.

Dave