Gnucash Online Billpay

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 24 01:56:23 EDT 2008

On Mar 23, 2008, at 10:42 PM, Vince Radice wrote:

> Hi,
> 	I am looking to replace Quicken with Gnucash.  In order to do this,
> I need to find out if Gnucash provides an on-line billpay feature.  I
> have looked through as much of the documentation including the Help
> file, but cannot find any reference to it.  I was able to activate
> the download from my bank.  So I know that part works.  I called my
> bank to see if I could get some help, but their response was that
> they only support Quicken and MS Money.
>
> 	If this is not available, is it being worked on?  If it is being
> worked on, is it possible that I can help?  I am a retired programmer
> and have done some work in C, C++, and some of the Visual stuff from
> M$.  I have also looked into the structure of QFX and QIF files.  I
> wrote a program for myself that converts a QIF file to QFX.
>
> Thank you,
> Vince Radice

I don't think it is being worked on. The biggest problem is that there
are no publicly available OFX/QFX servers to test against. You would
end up testing the bill paying function against your own live account.
For data downloads, it isn't so bad if you screw up a patch to the
download code, but if you could trigger an unintended payment, life
gets more exciting.

Dave
--
David Reiser