Formulas in transactions

Michael Chase Michael at kooinda.net
Mon Mar 24 22:11:24 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I've read the documentation, and I don't think what I am trying to do is
possible, but I thought I'd ask here just in case I'm missing something,
as I think this would be great to be able to do; enter amounts as formulas.

For example, say I want to enter $123 less 10% in a transaction, rather
than working it out and then entering the result, wouldn't it be neat to
enter something like =123*0.9, like you can with a spreadsheet?

I've seen reference to formulas for interest calcs in scheduled
transactions, but not normal transaction (manual) entries.

Is something like that possible?

Cheers,

Michael.