Price Source for Mutual Fund and Stock

Yogesh Agrawal agrawaly at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 01:10:51 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am into another problem, I have bought one mutual fund over a period of
time, on a monthly basis
and then I sold it partially.

Here is what I have in the account register

Date             No.of Unit      NAV       Total
12/5/2003      36.075          27.72      1000
01/08/2004     16.171         30.9195    500
02/08/2004     16.319         30.6391    500
03/08/2004     16.077         31.1003    500

Now I have sold 52.246 (36.075 + 16.171) unit
So I am left with 32.396 (16.319+16.077) unit

I am expecting my balance sheet to show 32.296 unit for 1000
whereas it shows 32.296 unit for 956.85 ( I calculated it is nothing but
based on weighted average).
What should I do to show 1000?

Thanks,
Yogesh