Online banking error with BOA

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 26 11:57:16 EDT 2008

On Mar 26, 2008, at 11:29 AM, Brian Wallen wrote:

> I'm trying to set up online banking with Bank of America, and I get to
> the point where it tries to download my account info, but it says that
> the software version I'm using isn't compatible. I'm on a mac and I
> installed the latest version that was in fink just yesterday.

That will require a patch to libofx, and maybe some additional work.
BofA has updated their minimum version of Quicken supported to a
version that handles the bogus multifactor authentication capability.
If BofA actually _uses_ the mfa fields, then the work required in
libofx is quite a bit more substantial than patching the appver
variable from 1200 or 1500 to 1700.

Dave
--
David Reiser