problematic one-ended transaction

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Wed Mar 26 12:42:57 EDT 2008

I paid a bill of US$182.90 on my visa card on 2007 07 31.
My visa card is denominated in Canadian dollars, and so it was charged
CDN$199.72

On my visa register, the transaction appears with two splits:

Liabilities:Accounts Payable:Subscriptions:Annual Reviews   199.72
Liabilities:Accounts Payable:Credit Card:Scotiabank                  199.72

But when I menu-click on the first split and select "jump" I get to the
Annual Reviews account, where the transaction is listed as

Liabilities:Accounts Payable:Subscriptions:Annual Reviews
Liabilities:Accounts Payable:Credit Card:Scotiabank

The amounts are missing.  Presumably they should be present, and each equal to $182.90.

How can I fix this?  I'm running the Debian package for Gnucash 2.2.4 on a 32-bit lenny
system, but I occasionally edit the accounts on an 64-bit etch system with its gnucash
2.0.5-1.

-- hendrik