Closing accounts.

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Fri Mar 28 07:35:49 EDT 2008

Hello,

As time goes by I close old bank accounts and open new ones. These bank
accounts remain in GnuCash. I don't want to lose the history associated
with those accounts, but I also don't want them showing up on my account
list since they don't exist anymore. In a similar way, you could have an
expense account (e.g. an insurance) which you'd want to close (cancel
the insurance). There's a personal loan as well, which was settled last
November, but it still shows up in my Gnucash.

These accounts end up polluting my account list. All in all I have 4-5
accounts that I would like to hide or close. In the coming years more
accounts will be closed.

Is there a way to close or hide some accounts in GnuCash?

I could just delete them and dump everything in "Equity", but that would
destroy the history. Any ideas?

Thanks.