Expenses with multiple currencies

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Sun Mar 30 10:58:36 EDT 2008

If there's another way to do it I would love to hear it. I don't know
about the OP, but in my case I'm not sure that this idea would work
well. My expenses have been about half in CAD and half EUR. I also have
a good portion in GBP.

Worse yet: I am in Germany, so my choice of base currency should be EUR.
But in a couple of years I'll move to Canada, and my choice of base
currency will become CAD. Switching all the transactions I've done in a
3 year period to use another currency would be a lot of trouble.

So var I've been keeping the expenses separate and just accepted that I
can't track them well. I would love it if I had a way to use historical
exchange rates to get a proper picture of my expenses, my assets and
liabilities.

Cheers,
Daniel.