upgrading and changing distros

Nathan Buchanan nbinont at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 17:28:46 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 10:23 PM, Larry <l_hoffman_1 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have recently changed distros from Mandriva(rpm based) to Simply
> Mepis(debian based).  I have downloaded the ver 2.0 gnucash to my Simply
> Mepis.  Can I use my gnucash(ver1.8.11) from Mandriva in Simply Mepis?

Are you wanting to use the gnucash program 1.8.11 in Simply Mepis, or to be
able to access your data files in gnucash 2.0 in Simply Mepis?

If you want to access your files, it should be as simple as copying them
over and trying to open them in gnucash 2.0.

If you want to use gnucash 1.8.11, you're in for a bit more excitement. It
may work if you satisfy all the dependencies - though you'd have to check
that on your own. Worst case, you'll have to build it yourself. Though it's
not clear to me why you'd want to run 1.8.11 when 2.2 is out.

> If so, how is this accomplished?
>
> Thank you in advance for responding,
> Larry

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there" - Will Rogers