[Aqbanking-devel] Crash after online banking transactions

Martin Preuss aquamaniac at gmx.de
Thu May 1 16:39:06 EDT 2008

Hi,

AB_Job_GetResultText() might return NULL, and it does so, if there is nothing
usefull to report...

So the caller should be prepared that this function returns NULL. I guess I
will have to amend the documentation.

BTW: You should always be prepared for such functions in AqBanking/Gwen to
return NULL unless otherwise stated in the documentation. The APIDOC for some
functions says something to this effect, but for other functions this isn't
documented... Unfortunately the APIDOC for AqBanking isn't that complete :-/

Regards
Martin

On Donnerstag, 1. Mai 2008, Jannick Asmus wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Derek advised me to drop an email on this here in this list on AqBanking.
>
> He found out that AB_Job_GetResultText() can return NULL so this case
> should be handled case at /gnc-hbci-utils.c:265. See the IRC report at
> http://lists.gnucash.org/logs/2008/05/2008-05-01.html#T14:01:09
>
> Do not hesitate to contact me if further information are needed. I saved
> the error report so I could file that here if needed.
>
> Thank you for your support.
>
> Best wishes,
> J.
>
> GC v2.2.5/WinXP
>
> On 01.05.2008 16:32, Jannick Asmus wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > GC crashes when terminating an online-banking transaction. The
> > transaction is accepted as I can check in my online banking accounts.
> > Because of the crash there are no information (such as transaction
> > details, transaction booking) saved in the GC file.
> >
> > Bank details:
> > - Sparda Bank München (Munich, Germany), BLZ (so called "bank zip
> > code"): 700 905 00
> > - Ing-DiBa, BLZ 500 105 17
> >
> > It appears that GC cashes so fast that there is no chance to leave any
> > error message in the trace file.
> >
> > Any suggestions how this can be amended?
> >
> > Thanks for your input.
>
> Best wishes,
> J.

"Things are only impossible until they're not"

Martin Preuss - http://www.aquamaniac.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/