Export to QSF XML

Jannick Asmus jannick.news at gmail.com
Sat May 3 12:03:33 EDT 2008

On 03.05.2008 16:52, Josh Sled wrote:
> Jannick Asmus <jannick.news at gmail.com> writes:
>> exporting to QSF XML gives me an empty file as a result after my
>> notebook almost took off because GC-bin.exe was so busy. ;)
>>
>> Funny that there is nothing noted in the .trace-file.
>>
>> Is it true that the output can be imported to GC?
>
> No, while the QSF exporter can be buggy, the importer was *extremely* buggy.
>
> We should really turn off all the QSF-related stuff.  It seems like it's
> net-negative value. :(
>

>> This could be used for year end closing and setting up the chart of
>> accounts including the opening balance entries for the new fiscal year.
>> Or am I missing something here?
>
> The QSF export can not; what gave you that impression?

The documentation in the export dialogue - cf. the screen shot in the
attachment. It says that the data include the chart of accounts
including balances at the specified date. They can be re-imported into
GC and other programs.

> See
> <http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Is_there_book-closing_support.2C_yet.3F>
> for details about book closing.  Note that there is a "Close Book" feature in
> the Tools menu since 2.2.4.

I was aware of this, but have not tried out. This is something to work
with next Xmas. ;)

--

Best wishes,
J.