gnucash and gnome

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat May 3 19:56:26 EDT 2008

Back in January, I reported my experience (successful, once the huge downloads
completed) on reinstalling GnuCash when I upgraded my Macbook Pro to Leopard,
along with the steps I took:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.apple.fink.beginners/20926

I did not find the steps that difficult. For reference, while I have a lot of
experience with computers, my experience in the technical realm of compiling
and building application is zero. I, too, gave up on MacPorts a while back.

As I pointed out then, my main Fink application is GnuCash, so most of the bugs
that Richard mentions haven't bitten me. AFAIK, the documentation problems
under Leopard haven't gotten fixed (I'd love it if someone would contradict me
on that!), but other than that, it's been smoooooooooth sailing.

I've also given up on Fink Commander and simply done my best to learn the
basics of the command line version, which has worked pretty well. Once you
understand 'fink install gnucash2' you're well on you way...

David

=== message truncated ===