amend transactions programmatically

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz gnucash at numerixtechnology.de
Sun May 4 12:58:35 EDT 2008

On Thu, 01 May 2008 18:49:50 -0400
Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz <gnucash at numerixtechnology.de> writes:
>
> > On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:18:42 -0400
> > Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> >> You could write a small program to do it, either in C or Scheme,
> >> using the GnuCash API.  The pseudo-code would look something like:
> >>

> > What do I need to download? Is there any API documentation or a
> > small example C program?
>
> The C API docs are at http://cvs.gnucash.org/docs/HEAD/
> You dont need to download anything special, but you will need access
> to the gnucash development headers.

I had a wee shuftie around cvs.

One thing that occurs to me is that I am still on 2.0.5 and there is no
way I can upgrade anytime soon. I would have to upgrade to Debian
testing but can't do that over the net as I am on dial-up :-(

Presumably, the data structure has changed in the meantime?

> > That will take me back to my good old C days 20 years ago!
>
> :)

Those were the days ..., only my assembler days were better. ;-)

TES