amend transactions programmatically

Russell Gadd russ.mail.lists at googlemail.com
Sun May 4 17:04:13 EDT 2008

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz wrote:
<snip>
> I had a wee shuftie around cvs.
>
> One thing that occurs to me is that I am still on 2.0.5 and there is no
> way I can upgrade anytime soon. I would have to upgrade to Debian
> testing but can't do that over the net as I am on dial-up :-(

I use Debian Etch and wanted to use an updated Gnucash so it was
compatible with the files I have created with a Windows version, so I
compiled Gnucash from source. It's the first and only time I have
resorted to compiling from source and I was pleased that it went without
a hitch. I made up a list of instructions for this process in case I
have to reinstall sometime later. If you are interested I can post them
here.

Russell