similar sets of accounts

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz gnucash at numerixtechnology.de
Tue May 6 07:22:02 EDT 2008

I maintain several sets of accounts (in different files). The skeleton
of accounts is identical. The placeholder accounts are the same, income
and expense accounts are identical; just the actual bank accounts and
credit cards are different.

1) Setting up the same accounts again is a bit tedious. Is there any
means of copying the accounts without the transactions?

2) Custom reports are shared. I am not sure whether this is desirable
in all situations but seeing as they are shared it would be convenient
in my scenario if a report could be run on both accounts. However,
this does not work, presumably because the internal account ids are
different.

--

Best Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz