How do I set the value of a stable fund?

Matt Burkhardt mlb at imparisystems.com
Wed May 7 14:18:57 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 13:24 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Quoting Matt Burkhardt <mlb at imparisystems.com>:
>
> > For example, I have shares in the JPMorgan Stable Asset Fund - and the
> > price is ALWAYS $300 and is not listed as a fund or a stock anywhere.
> > How would I get it to calculate the total amount?
>
> Just treat it like a stock.  Give it some name and just treat it like
> a stock.  If the price is always $300 then the price is always $300.
> It's the same as if the price were always $1.

Is there someplace I can set it?  Right now, it wants a Security Type
such as FUND or NYSE - but then I have no place to default a price.
Also, I can't include these on the default Assets &
Liabilities:Investment Portfolio Report - just get "An error occurred".

So what I would like to see in my Accounts page is the price - I've
tried some additional fields, like the Total(USD) works great for mutual
funds and regular stocks that do have stock symbols.

--
Matt Burkhardt, MSTM
President
mlb at imparisystems.com