Default account for auto-interest payments

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sat May 10 12:04:09 EDT 2008

In Gnucash 2.2.4, when I go to reconcile a bank account or a credit card
account every month, when the auto-interest dialog pops up the "Payment
from" list box always defaults to the same bank/credit account that I'm
reconciling. Of course, gnucash refuses to book the interest payment against
the same account you're reconciling.

So, every time, I must manually scroll the tiny list box down to the
income/expense accounts, and select the interest income account, for the
interest payment.

Did I misconfigure something? It seems fairly counterintuitive having to do
this, every time. I can't find any setting for a default income/expense
account, to book the interest payment against.