simple howto for selling stocks

corkscrew60 cem22b at gmail.com
Sat May 10 14:41:24 EDT 2008

I am a new user to gnucash i have swapped over from quicken. On the whole i
like it better except for selling stock. I just cant get my head round the
instructions given in the help file. Does anyone know of a simple howto
giving a step by step on how to do this.
I have an investment account set up with a number of funds within it. I have
sold a complete subset and bought another all under the same investment
account. The instructions in the help file mentioning setting up a capital
gains account I dont see why i need this when the money from the sale satys
within the investment account to make the new purchase of the different
funds