Decimal Places and Rounding

rlrcstr rlrcstr at msn.com
Tue May 13 16:50:57 EDT 2008

Derek -

The account is an asset account.  I'm tracking loans that I have an interest
in.  Each month when a payment is made on the loan I receive a portion of
the payment equal to the percent of participation I have in the loan.  Part
of what I receive gets credited towards the principal that's owed back to me
and part is interest income.  The amounts are calculated to 6 decimal
places.

I was using an asset account, since it's not really a commodity.  But I can
use a different account type if it will make a difference.  How would you
set this up?  Thanks.