Default account for auto-interest payments

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Wed May 14 12:36:48 EDT 2008

On 14 May 2008 at 9:35, Derek Atkins said:

> Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com> writes:
>
> > Derek Atkins writes:

> >> Well, what it does NOW is look backwards through the account looking
> >> for the most recent 'payment' transaction.   But we could create a new
> >> KVP entry to prevent the need for the search.  *shrugs*
> >
> > Uh, what does "payment" mean, in this context? Because I've already
> > reconciled the same account more than once, and each time I had to
> > manually select the expense account for the interest bucket, posting the
> > resulting entry to the register, with the correct interest expense
> > account. The next time I went to reconcile the account, the
> > auto-interest dialog still came up with the bad default.
>
> Sorry, I'm talking about something slightly different.  I'm talking
> about the auto-payment feature when you reconcile a CC account.  The
> dialog that comes up is the same code as the auto-interest.

I still can't see what the OP's problem is. As soon as you tab out of the
"Description" box, it identifies the correct accounts(*). It does,
unfortunately, manage to treat it as a payment-in, so you ned to enter a
negative amount in the first place, but hey ...

(*) at least, it does if you have the sense to use the same Description
text as last time ...