What kind of account?

Bob Williams linux at barrowhillfarm.org.uk
Wed May 14 14:31:53 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm fairly new to keeping my home accounts & gnucash. I have a particular
kind of (British) savings account called an ISA, which I can invest in
from time to time. The gains are tax-free, but there is a limit on how
much one can invest in any particular year. The money buys units in a
fund of stocks and shares (equities), so it's value can go up or down,
depending on the ability of the fund managers.

I'm not sure what top-level parent account I should be using, and how I
manage changes in value.

Thanks for your help.

Bob
--