HBCI & Discover Card

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Thu May 15 08:41:27 EDT 2008

On 5/14/08, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> It means you'll need to rebuild gnucash yourself to get HBCI/OFX support.
>

>  -derek

There were a few recent postings about getting a version with online
banking included in Ubuntu as a backport. Ben Gladwell opened bug
227732 https://bugs.launchpad.net/hardy-backports/+bug/227732 and
folks have been sorting through the technical difficulties.

Anyone trying to get it done for themselves might start with the
Debian information on the wiki http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Debian
PLUS possibly information linked in the various Ubuntu and Debian bug
reports. If you have useful information to add to those places, you
should!

My impression is that the licensing issues will be resolved sooner or
later but it's unfortunately not straightforward.