Wiki Upload Disabled?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri May 16 22:38:29 EDT 2008

Hi,

Quoting Marc Ferguson <mferguson at digitalalias.net>:

> Hi,
>
> Who can I talk to about getting the upload option on the wiki turned on.
> I wanted to add a screenshot of one of the windows, but I can't do it.
> Thanks.

It's disabled for security reasons.  If you want a screenshot uploaded
we can work with you to get it into SVN and you can link to it from
the wiki.  Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm not comfortable with
the security measures of the mediawiki upload methodology.

Considering the number of images people have asked to put on the wiki
(your request would be image #5) I don't consider this a major issue.
There just isn't a huge demand for image uploads, especially considering
the quality of the regular documentation.

Thanks,